Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Celerie Kembell for Schumacher





A couple of years ago, I interned at the Schumacher showroom in Washington D.C.'s  Design Center. I spent the majority of my time returning textile and wall-covering samples to their original showcased locations. As monotonous as the task was it gave me the chance to really get to know all of the different lines Schumacher carried. Celerie Kemble always proved to be my favorite. Her products are so rich and textured they become the heart of the life in a room. I recently stumbled upon her new wall-covering collection that successfully marries boldness and femininity in a uniquely modern and luxurious way. 

Kemble Interiors was founded in the 80's by Mimi Maddock McMakin. Mimi's sensational whimsy initially rocked Palm Spring interiors before gaining national recognition. Following in her mother's design-oriented footsteps, Celerie expanded the company and opened a New York City office just over a decade ago. Both women have an incredible knack at creating quirky spaces that are decadently layered in texture and color. 

Click the slideshow below to see a more of my favorite wall coverings and the best Kemble Interiors:

Celerie Kemble for Schumacher ">http://kembleinteriors.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment